Friday 5 July 2013

First Day Of Races In Bermuda

Today was our first actual day of races in Bermuda. The fleet was divided into 3 groups. The first group was yellow (they started first). The second group was blue (who stared second and I was in). The third and last day group was red (who started third). The wind was blowing about 8-12 knots when we got out. The course we were using was a trapezoid. That is upwind, reach, downwing to a gate, than upwind finish. The first race I had a OK start. I rounded the upwind mark in about 15. I kept my spots on the reach/downwind. Then on the last upwind I lost about 8 boats and on finished in 23.

The second start was pretty good. I went right and rounded in the upwind mark in about 25th. I gained about 2 boats on the downwind. Then on the upwind I gained about 3 boats and finished the race in 20.

The third race was not my best race at all. I got buried at the start and I went to the wrong side of the course.  I rounded the upwind mark in about 35 but lost about 2 boat on the downwind/reach. The last race was my worst race because I was really tired and I had't had enough to eat. I finished the third ad last race of the day in 40.

Right now I am standing in eighty third place with a total of 83 point.
Click here to view the results of the first day.



Pool on the first day




View from our balcony 
















No comments:

Post a Comment