Sunday 7 September 2014

The End Of The Sailing Season

Me And My Sister In Nova Scotia After The Canadians
10 placks, 5 flags, 2 glass opti sails, 1 hat, 5 trophies and 6 wins... Well I think it has been a good year. As I finish up the last regatta of the year with a win I look back on all my achievements this year. I was pleased to win the Cornish Hen at RHYC for the second year in a row.


Mrs. Fohg Presenting Me The Trophy At Fogh Boorman 

I was honoured to have won all three of the Royal Hamilton Optimist Regatta this year.I would like to thank Royal Hamilton Yacht Club and its large fleet of volunteers for its continued commitment to dingy racing.





I feel that my biggest achievement this season was winning 4th overall and top Canadian at Cork International. Having just over 90 boats on the start line, and some very serious competitors from not only Canada but the USA, Bermuda and Mexico made for some tough competition and conditions.


Me Winning Top Canadian At Cork
   










I had three amazing coaches this year who helped me and supported me through out the whole season. Peter Ehvert, who is a skiff sailor and a very good sailor over all was one of my coaches. Maddi Lot who is anther sailor who used to sail skiff was another one of my coaches this year. My third coach was Clare Hall. She is from the UK and coached the National Squad in the UK. She has taught me a lot this year and I would like to thank her for all the hard work she has done to help me get where I am. I would like to thank all my coaches for their support over the past season.

Me Getting A Rid On A 49er After Cork




Me And My Coaches After Winning The Fohg Boormen





No comments:

Post a Comment